I'm a Currency trader

Our everyday conversation typically leads to, "So, what do you do?" Most people do it out of curiosity and pretend to care about what the other person really does...hoping that maybe just maybe he or she is a professional base jumper or a Hollywood agent for Matt Damon.

Here have been my responses in my lifetime:
  • High school student at NCSSM
Zz
  • Real Estate broker
Zzzz
  • Loan Officer
Zzz
  • Civil Engineering student at NCSU
Zzzzzz
    • with a minor in entrepreneurship
Zzz
  • Professional Currency Trader
?!?!?!

Curious friend: What is that?
Me: Have you ever traveled outside of the country (typically yes)...oh really where?
CF: Names xyz country...typically one from Europe (if ever studied NLP...this has made a visual impression. The conversation has taken their mind to their overseas trip.)
Me: That's real awesome! When you visited France you had to convert your USD to Euro and when you came back to the states you converted it back...you either had more or less than Euro to USD than when you started with. The fluctuation in rates regardless if it going up or down is essentially how I make a living.

Continue asking questions about experiences and site seeing and build a conversation that wouldn't have otherwise been brought up. He or she initiated the question...it doesn't come off as a boasting or getting into people's business.

I find that talking about staying up at 2am est(Frankfurt open) to sunrise (mid-NY) fun to talk about.

Just an interesting observation I felt like sharing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehe the Zzz's are funny :)and I'm glad you're so passionate about what you're doing! Did you change your major to something else? Or just finishing up the engineering degree just in case?

KiWi said...

Thanks I really appreciate the support!

I'm still in Civil Engineering...hence the extra semester graduation. Because college gives me free time...the amount of hours spent developing this skill through online courses and coaching could give me a minor haha.

Yes Civil Engineering is a backup degree in case I need a job...plan D.

Love it that you ran into my site...follow me...I'll be posted videos about my adventures in the Canary Islands this Summer!

Post a Comment